Tuesday, 28 February 2012

New layout & more.



It was high time for a new layout. Things happened, I needed to change my sidebars and I didn't really care for that layout that I had recently set it to. I like this one a lot better and put a fair amount of work into it (Even utilized some new layering techniques I picked up) and I think by far this is my best layout so far for this blog.

So a lot of things happened, I've neglected to write on here as of late but whatever. Let's start with the things about me first, yeah? I've gotten a job, well I've had a job for awhile now but I've finally gotten hours for it and done some work. It's pretty low-key and laid back from what I've used to and pays well for the amount of work that goes into it. There's a lot of room for moving up since most of the employment in this area is a revolving-door. Rich highschool kids who get jobs because their parents told them to. Who'da thunk it? Anyways it's nothing new. I run a till, do facing, stocking... Etc. I work across two stores, one of them is moderately busy while the other is pretty silent. I'm not sure which one I like better yet, so we'll see.

A friend of mine passed away as well, I'm sure some of you have bumped into him before and I know a few of you didn't exactly care for him, but still. It's never a pleasant thing to see someone go. He died on the way home in a taxi, they figure it was a heart-attack but I never got confirmation on the matter. Needless to say he was a good friend of mine and I hate to see him finally go out this way. My main regret is that I wasn't as good of a friend as I could have been, but at least our relationship drastically improved before he passed. Here's to you, Scarlet Rose.

I also parted from my best friend awhile back. It's hard to explain, and kind of a strange situation. I came to resent him a lot for it and I don't think an explanation can do the actual situation any amount of justice, but here goes. Basically we were best friends for quite some time, and I eventually introduced Sammantha (My significant other. <3) to him. They must have had better chemistry or something because it felt like almost overnight they were best friends with each other. Here's the problem, how do you confront your girlfriend or best friend over something like this? Two valuable people you don't want to cause conflict with, yet you need to start a conflict to try and resolve it. I couldn't cope with it, to say the least. Especially when my best friend had the audacity to say that he valued my girlfriend more than he did me (That's not exactly something you should share...) and my girlfriend had the nerve to bring all her problems with me to him. He became incredibly malicious towards me when I finally cut ties (Though on a lighter note, it wasn't a fight) and was saying things like "I was blinded by her and how could I not see how she was treating you." to my girlfriend. It's a weird situation to say the least, and I don't think he quite well, gets it. If someone is talking to you IMMEDIATELY after a situation, they're probably venting and blowing off steam. Things come across way out of proportion, and he obviously did not understand that whatsoever seeing as my /girlfriend/ cut ties with him after he said that. I thought it was just an issue on my side to be honest, me resenting him for him sort of well, ditching me for my girlfriend but apparently it was double-sided as my girlfriend informed me that he was saying that she has to "choose" between his friendship or my love. It's dumb, and I'm glad it's been settled to some extent. Maybe this wasn't the best way for it to end but at least some of it is dealt with. He's still trying to get in contact with me in some form or another and it's really annoying since it's causing drama. He emailed my girlfriend about some 'plot' that a friend of mine had to break us up and it was just, stupid. Sammi of course freaked about it since she still trusted him over this friend, and it was annoying. I just tried to stay out of it and reserve judgement which seemed to be the right thing to do since it was all bullshit to begin with.

I'm kind of disappointed in everyone who has a blog (Including myself) for the inactivity. I like reading them and writing them - though I seldom write now - and knowing what's up with my friends. Also, yes. I know. I'm sorry. I broke the tradition of me posting Shirogane Usagi pictures at the top but I've run out of his works that I like. He hasn't put out much material that I'm very fond of and his output seems to have slowed down altogether at that. So instead of my usual I put up a picture that I liked. I guess that pretty much covers it aside from the occasional mapping or games I've done here and there but that's not terribly important. All in all it's been okay aside from the occasional bit of bullshit. Sammi and I are good, I have income and low expenses, haven't had any terrible medical problems as of late... Etc. So, that about covers it.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment